Whatsapp is a commonly used chat app. It is the preferred messaging app for a significant portion of the population in some countries, and many providers provide specialized data plans that conform to its use. It provides a lot of features other than just text messaging and offers customizations. One of them which we will discuss today is how to set custom chat wallpaper in Whatsapp for individual contacts and groups.
WhatsApp is widely used for work as well as personal messaging and phone calls. Due to the fact that Whatsapp is connected to a phone number, you cannot have multiple accounts on the same phone. Using a dual SIM phone doesn’t help matters because the software doesn’t encourage you to connect two accounts.
To distinguish between work and personal message threads, you can use wallpapers as visual markers that will reveal what kind of chat thread you’ve chosen if you forget which group you are in. Something like keeping a iron man’s background if you are a fan for your personal messages and something more professional for work. So, as soon as you see a wallpaper you will know which group you are in.
Also see – How to fix “Sharing name and photo not available” on iPhone?
Chat wallpapers in Whatsapp
There was always an option to change the chat background, or chat wallpaper in Whatapp but the problem was the change was always applied uniformly, meaning that everyone got the same wallpaper. However, that is no longer the case.
Whatsapp users can now set a custom wallpaper for each chat thread. Like for each of your personal conversations you can have a separate wallpaper. This feature was made available by Whatsapp for everyone via the most recent software update. It is compatible with all iOS and Android devices. If you haven’t seen this feature yet, I would recommend you to update your Whatsapp to the latest version on your device. And follow the steps below to set customer chat wallpaper on Whatsapp.
Also see – How to transfer files from android to mac without android file transfer?
Steps to set Whatsapp chat wallpaper for individual accounts
Below are the steps you can follow to change the background wallpaper in Whatsapp.
- Open Whatsapp and go to the group or person’s thread where you want to change the wallpaper.
- Tap on the contact or group name at the top. If you have saved your friend’s name as “Andrew”, then tap on “Andrew” at the top.
- In the options below the profile picture and status of your contact, you will see the option “Wallpaper & Sound”. Tap it.
- Now select “Choose a New Wallpaper”.
- You can choose from the available options that Whatsapp has or you can also upload images from your device. To select an image from your device, select the option “Photos” and choose the image you want to set as background wallpaper.
- Once you select the image, it may ask you for confirmation at the bottom of the screen. Select “Set” and the wallpaper will be saved.
With these steps you should be able to change chat wallpaper in Whatsapp for an individual contact on iPhone or android.
Also see – How to find name of unknown caller?
How to change default Whatsapp chat wallpaper?
You can also change the default wallpaper for all Whatsapp chats. You don’t have to do it one chat thread at a time but you can change the default setting that will change the wallpaper for all chats.
Below are the steps you can follow to change Whatsapp default chat background wallpaper.
- Open Whatsapp and go to “Settings” tab at the bottom of the screen on your iPhone or Android device.
- Select the options “Chats”.
- Then select “Chat Wallpaper”.
- Tap on “Choose a new wallpaper”. You can then choose a wallpaper from Whatsapp default options like from selections, “Bright”, “Dark” or “Solid Colors”. Or you can also upload a custom image from your phone’s library. For that choose the option “Photos” and select the image you want to set as default wallpaper.
- Then select “Set” from the bottom of your screen and your chat wallpaper will be saved.
Whatsapp users can choose between dark and light wallpapers. To set your favorite image as wallpaper you will first have to download the image on your phone and then go to the default wallpaper settings. Like if you want to have an iron man wallpaper, do download your favorite image from Google and save it on your device. Then go to Whatsapp settings and follow the steps mentioned above to change your chat wallpaper.
Do remember that if your phone (android/iOS) doesn’t support dark themes then Whatsapp will only appear in the light/default mode. And you’ll have only one default wallpaper to choose from.
So these were some of the steps that you can follow to set custom chat wallpaper in Whatsapp for individual accounts or groups. Let us know which backgrounds do you like the most. We will share with you the most popular Whatsapp chat wallpapers that are used around the world.